Here's a short description on how to make a cheap homemade dragging sled:
You'll need the following materials
- an old tire, which you can get for free at your local tire shop. Prepare to get stared at if you say that it is for your training.
- 1-2 eye bolts - 1-2 x 2.50 Euro. I used heavy duty ones with metric 12mm thread
- 1-2 corresponding washers - 1-2 x 0.60 Euro
- 1-2 nuts for the thread you chose - 1-2 x 0.40 Euro
- some kind of lashing strap - 4 Euro
- of course some weight plates to put in
Which brings us to a total of 7.50 - 11 Euro.
Additionally you will need
- a power drill with a bit corresponding to your bolts' thread
- a jigsaw
- a wrench
- measuring tape
If you don't have those tools, maybe ask at your local maker space... or ask your grandpa.
Now what you do is:
- Measure a 45+cm hole in the middle of your tire. Standard plates have 45cm diameter and you need to get them in somehow...
- Drill a hole at your measured distance.
- Insert your jigsaw and start sawing. If in doubt, make the hole a little wider.
- Drill a hole for your bolt in the middle of the face with the tread.
- Screw it in with washer and nut using a wrench. If you want a second bolt, repeat from step 4.
- Run your strap through the bolt(s).
- Throw in some plates and start running.
- Return your grandpa's tools to their former location.
Glossary for Germans
- eye bolt: Ringschraube
- washer: Unterlegscheibe
- nut: Mutter